Thursday, June 13, 2013

So, I said I was going to write on this thing...

...and I guess I should. Those of you who see me frequently know that I've been playing a lot of golf lately. Laura and I joined the Country Club this year, so I feel like it's a complete waste of my money if I don't get out there several times a week. Well, lucky me, the WMEA (Wyoming Music Educators Association, another organization to which I pay yearly dues) held their annual golf outing at the Riverton Country Club this year, which meant I got to play in the tournament for free! 

It was a combination tournament, with a 9 hole individual net score, and a 9 hole team scramble. I'm pretty bad still, so I was never in any contention to compete individually (although with my handicap I should be a monster), but our team, featuring some of the real "heavy hitters" of the Riverton music scene (pardon my pun) won the team scramble! We all won a sleeve of "RocketBallz," which I will almost certainly lose in the canal very soon. 

I took some pictures with my phone, and for some reason they're all out of order. I am simply too lazy to rearrange them. 


Laura teeing off on 11. She's much more talented than me, and won a sleeve of golf balls for winning the Women's long drive competition on the 12th hole. 
Amy gets into the action with a nearly perfect putt on 17. 
Aric goes ballistic with a monstrous drive on 8 while Bernard watches in amazement. 
Wyoming's best and brightest instrument repair techs, both young and old. 
Although everyone had fun, the real winners were Chad Rose's pants. 
Once the scores were finalized and handicaps were tallied, Tom Bibbey took home the old horn trophy. 
Afterwards, we all had a drink (or a few). Traci even stopped by to wish her father well. 
The whole crew en masse. We had teachers, merchants, spouses, and repairmen from Riverton, Lander, Casper, Powell, Buffalo, and Douglas.


All told, it was a great day, and everyone seemed to have a blast. Seriously though, a lot of people I knew were at work, so I can't complain at all about playing bad golf. 

1 comment:

Laura said...

I'm fairly certain that my award-winning drive was on the 11th. Never was any good at the 12th...